Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is becoming increasingly used both in Service Provider networks and in large corporate networks. Integrated possibilities for setting up Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), support of Quality of Services (QoS) as well as Traffic Engineering (TE) are opening up a wide range of options for setting up and operating integrated networks.
The workshop explains about the operation of MPLS and MPLS-based VPNs related to practice, examines the configuration and operation of an MPL network in detail and provides an overview of additional possibilities for the implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) through the use of QoS and Traffic Engineering.
- MPLS overview and advantages
- MPLS terminology and architecture
- MPLS label stack header and forwarding
- Frame mode MPLS
- Label distribution protocol (LDP: label binding, distribution and forwarding).
- Overview cell mode MPLS
- IPv4 MPLS lab
- MPLS based VPNs
- Virtual routing and forwarding (VRF)
- MP-BGP für MPLS VPNs
- MPLS VPN lab
- Overview MPLS traffic engineering (MPLS-TE)
- Overview MPLS quality of service (MPLS-QoS)
Length of the workshop and previous knowledge:
The workshop has been designed for a length of 4 days. It is also possible to be tailored to your individual needs, of course.
The participants should have sound knowledge in TCP/IP as well as in IGP routing (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP) and BGP/4.